1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 small white onion, finely chopped
200g Carnaroli or Arborio rice
200-250g strawberries, hulled
approx. 500ml hot vegetable stock
1/4 of a wineglass dry white wine
optional 50g grated vegan Parmesan
optional balsamic vinegar
1. Roughly chop half of the strawberries and quarter the remaining.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and sweat on a medium heat. Stir in the rice and coat each grain.
3. Stir in the white wine and simmer until evaporated, then turn the heat to low. Add a ladle of stock, stir and simmer for a minute, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries. Gradually add the remaining stock, stirring all the time between additions.
4. When the rice becomes ‚al dente’, remove from the heat and stir in a little more butter and optionally, vegan grated parmesan.
5. Leave to rest for a minute. Scatter the remaining strawberries onto the risotto, optionally with some more grated parmesan, and a little balsamic vinegar if desired, and serve.